Family Ties Integrated Family Service Centre
About Family Ties…
In a family, there are many "ties" holding the members together:
Ties between couples, ties between parents and children, ties between siblings, ties between grandparents and grandchildren, love, gratitude and more.
It is our aspiration to strengthen these family ties, so that families are more intimate, more secure, and more united, in facing challenges of life transitions and changes of the environment.
Besides the ties within a family, it is also our vision to connect the ties among different families and community resources, in co-building a better and stronger community.
Family Ties Integrated Family Service Centre has been established since December 2011. With the directions of “Child-centred, Family-focused, and Community-based”, our Centre aims at providing one-stop and a continuum of preventive, supportive, and remedial services, as well as promoting mutual support network in the community.
- To enhance family relationship and strengthen family functioning
- To enhance personal growth and develop potential of individuals
- To connect community partners and link up resources to support residents
- To promote caring culture and develop networks in the community
- Consultation Service
- Individual and Family Counselling
- Family Aide Service
- Groups (Developmental, Supportive and Therapeutic)
- Family Life Education
- Outreaching and Visit
- In-school Service
- Volunteer Training and Service
- Service for Special Clientele (e.g. New Arrival Families, Ethnic Minority Families, Single Parent Families etc.)
- Referral Service
- Parent-child, Marriage Enhancement and Family Recreational Activities
- Family Resources Corner
- Clinical Psychological Service
Shamshuipo Residents (East of Pratas Street; South of Tai Po Road, Wai Chi Street; North of Lai Chi Kok Road, Cheung Sha Wan Road; West of Maple street, Sai Yeung Choi Lane. It includes Shek Kip Mei Estate and Lai On Estate. Enquiries are welcome.)
- Applicants for counselling service can contact our social workers on duty for enquiry and registration by phone or in person.
- Referrals from other organisations are welcome.
- We welcome the public introducing our services to people in need, or refer individuals for counselling service with their consent so that we can approach them directly.
- For groups and programme enrollments, applicants can come to our centre or mail us application forms with crossed cheques attached.
- Casework Service : Free of charge
- Programme Fee : Depending on individual programme
(Person receiving social security or with financial difficulties can apply for fee reduction in programmes)
- Counselling service will be terminated when the agreed service plan is achieved or proper service referral is arranged. Service users can also approach the responsible social worker for service termination.
- If service users want to withdraw from groups or programmes, they can contact our staff for arrangement.
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays